Who can apply?
Professionals or students who are interested in design, craft, retail, supply chain and production management can apply for the Okhai volunteer program. Professionals usually take leave from work and come for a minimum of two to three weeks and students come during their internship period or holidays.
Projects you can apply for:
- Design – Make new products by collaborating with artisans
- Social media Marketing – generate content, manage campaigns
- Sales and exhibitions – Help the artisans sell their products in your city, college, company or a near by store.
- Supply chain/ inventory management
- Production cycle optimisation
- Each one, teach one – Creating second generation craftsmen
- Google Adwords marketing, facebook & instagram marketing
How to apply?
The volunteering program at Okhai can be applied by emailing to the following email address: email@example.com with the Email Subject as “Volunteer/Internship – Your Name” . We may not find your email if this is not the subject.
Who has done this before?
Ann-Kathrin Franke – Digital Marketing & E-commerce Business – 4 Months
Indira Khara – Communication and Design – Two Weeks
Sanjana Chatlani – Branding & Communication – 2 Months
Kamali Yasasvi – Inventory Management & Social Media – Student Intern – 2 Months
How do I reach to Mithapur?
You can reach mithapur through four major cities Ahmedabad, Jamnagar, Porbandar and Rajkot.
Trains (and buses are available through Shiv Shakti Travels and Paavan travels from Ahmedabad and Jamnagar ) are available from all the three cities. You can also avail a cab service from all three cities which costs around INR 3000.
List of some trains from Major cities in India:
1. SVDK JAM EXP :
New Delhi NDLS to Rajkot
OKHA PASSENGER : Rajkot to Mithapur
2. DEE PORBNDR EXP
DELHI S ROHILLA (DEE) to AHMEDABAD JN (ADI)
AHMEDABAD JN (ADI) to MITHAPUR (MTHP)
For more information please refer to the following website:
All costs of travel to Mithapur have to be born by the intern/volunteer.